Are you ready for another wonderful day for Share a Story ~ Shape a Future 2011? Yesterday was awesome and today might actually take two days to get through!!
Thanks to the efforts of Book Dads curator, dad, and power-tweep, Chris Singer, we have 30 (!) dads talking about reading with their kids and the gift of "the moment." The one where you get to watch as your child realizes s/he is reading for themselves. Chris has everyone's stories at Book Dads -- it has taken not one, not two, but THREE parts! Still, we want you to have a nice neat list of all the contributors and where to find them when they're not reading. Check out this list ...
- Andrew Bennett @ BenSpark.com
- Eric DelaBarre, author of Saltwater Taffy @ What a Great Book
- Renny Fong @ Timeout Dad
- Robert Smith @ Life of a New Dad
- Daddy Geek Boy
- Chalkboard Dad
- Stefan Lanfer, author of The Faith of a Child and Dad Today website
- Alan Kercinik @ Always Jacked
- Todd Lieman, author of The ABCs of the Expectant Dad
- Kevin Westerman @ Super Daddy
- Del Shannon, author of Kevin's Point of View
- John @ The Daddy Yo
- Dan Nessel @ Dad Does
- Mitchell Brown @ Thoughtful Pop
- Dad of Divas @ Dad of Divas
- Gavin Craig @ Wordwright
- Douglas Clark @ Lake Fable
- Read Aloud Dad @ Read Aloud Dad
- The Jack B @ The Jack B
- James Rohl @ SAHD in PDX
- Frederick J. Goodall @ Mocha Dad
- Jeff Bogle @ Out With the Kids
- Tom McMillen-Oakley @ Jesus Has Two Dads
- Eric Van Raepenbusch @ Happy Birthday Author
- Mike @ Mike Wordplay
- John Cave Osborne @ Babble's Stroller Baby
- Daddy Crying @ Why is Daddy Crying
- Ron Mattocks @ Clark Kent's Lunchbox
- Dawn Morris @ Moms Inspire Learning shares the ingredients for hungry kids in a Picture Book Recipe for Creating Healthy Eaters
- Trina O'Gorman @ Book Loving Boys went in a completely unanticipated direction with her contribution and we all benefit from it. She shares a recent, personal experience about having to explain to her son that the series he loves is really for older kids. She shares her gift, a promise, and a commitment
- Mom, godmother, aunt, and friend Jen Robinson shares ideas, recommendations, and ways to spread the gift of literacy by giving books to new parents. @ Jen Robinson's Book Page
- Melissa Taylor @ Imagination Soup reminds us that we can read 'til our heart's content - for free - just by getting a library card. She offers great tips on when to get that library card and how to maximize its benefits!
- Amy Mascott @ Teach Mama offers ideas about finding the 'gifts' in any book
The third host today is Terry Doherty of the Reading Tub.
- At Scrub-a-Dub-Tub shares her recent discussion about multiculturalism in children's and young adult literature with Hannah Erlich of Lee & Low, and award-winning authors Mitali Perkins and Tanita S. Davis.
- Maria Burel, who blogs at Once Upon a Story, is sharing a post When Reading is More than a Gift.
- Mrs. P of MrsP.com tells us about not only why books are her favorite gift, but how to make your own books, too. Check out her Writing @ Reading story.
Here are some other posts that might interest you.